Send Logs to Support
A log file is created or updated each time an activity is performed in the SIMbox application. These log files form a record of the activities and are crucial in helping to diagnose a problem that is occurring when you run the application. Send these SIMbox logs to SimiGon's Customer Relations Management (CRM) support department (support@SimiGon.com) if you experience a problem with the application. A utility is installed with the SIMbox application, and is available from the Windows Menu.
To send logs to support
- From the Windows menu, click Start\Programs\KnowBook\Administration\Send Logs to Support
- The Send Logs To Support dialog appears.
Add information to the following fields:
Description of Problem - Type a short description of the issue.
Steps to Reproduce - Type the steps required to reproduce the issue.
Attach Files - You can attach additional files to the support logs. Examples of additional files are simulation sessions, playback recordings, screen-shots and Learning Management System content.
- Click the Add Files button to browse to files that you want to add to the support logs.
- Click the Delete button to remove a selected file from the Attach Files field.
- Click OK to create the logs.
- A progress bar displays the collection of the various log files.
- A new email appears that contains your description, steps to reproduce and attachments (additional files and ZIP log files).
- Note: If Windows Office is not installed on the machine or if Office Outlook is not configured, a folder will open containing the zip file so you can manually send it to SimiGon support.The utility archives the log files into a ZIP file, and opens a Windows Explorer window of the folder containing the new ZIP file.
Attach the new ZIP file to the email to send the logs to support (support@SimiGon.com).