Connecting the KnowBook Client to different remote KnowBook Server
Connecting KnowBook Client to a different remote KnowBook Server
1. Make sure KnowBook Client and KnowBook Server have the same version and HotFix installed.
2. Log-in to KnowBook Client.
3. Go to “Tools” -> “Options”:
4. Change the Server Name to the desired one:
and click “Check Server Availability”. A dialog should pop-up to indicate a successful connection:
5. Click “Apply”:
6. Click “OK” and “OK” to close all the dialog boxes.
7. Exit the KnowBook Client application.
8. Run the Reset Client Tool -
1) Right-click on the KnowBook shortcut icon on the desktop and choose “Open file location”.
2) In the Files Browser find the “ResetClient” application. Right-click on it and choose “Run as administrator”.
4) The following dialog box will show up:
5) Click “Yes”.
The KnowBook Client database will be reset.
9. In the opened dialog box enter the user name and the password to log-in to KnowBook.
To make sure KnowBook Client is now indeed connected to the new Server:
10. Go to “Tools” -> “Options”:
11. Make sure the “Server Name” has been changed to the requested one:
12. Open the KnowBook Settings Configuration Editor (if it was already opened, close it and reopen) and make sure the “Server Name” is set to the new Server: